Why Partner with us
The Polytechnics Mauritius Limited is driven by a passion to build a long term relationship with its partners, towards achieving success through strategic and innovative partnerships with its stakeholders and existing and potential students. “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much” (Helen Keller), this has been the guiding line for the Polytechnics as we believe that the synergy created from working in close and continuous collaboration with collaborators will enable us to better understand and respond to their emerging needs, expand our capabilities and ultimately offer our customers the best solutions to derive better outcomes.
Partnering with us means creating opportunities for the future generation. At the PML, we believe in equal opportunities to education where the support of sponsors is vital to make this happen. Awarding of scholarships can be based on artistic, athletic or other abilities, extracurricular activities or community service work, what we call the PolyCAS.
At the Polytechnics Mauritius we move fast but in the right direction. Training and skills development not only play a vital role in individual, organizational and global economic growth, but are an integral part of human resource development. We strongly believe in professional mobility and encourage our teaching staff and facilitators to participate in the exchange program with stakeholders. In addition, PML also focuses on programs like the PolyCAS (Creativity, Activity and Service) for students which enable students to participate in the exchange program and other extracurricular activities.
The 3 Polytechnics Mauritius new campuses are one of a kind- a home for you away from home with a State-of-the-Art infrastructure which have been accustomed to the need of respective courses. We have a lean structure academician with more part-timers who are industry practitioners in their respective fields. Two of our campuses have a fully equipped Lecture Theatre with 120 seaters which can be used to house training and workshop.
Our 3 campuses are distinctive in the following ways:
- Our National Diploma in Nursing consist of 35% theory and 65% practical in public hospitals.
- We have one of the best skill laboratories for nursing throughout the island.
- A well-stocked library with nursing textbooks.
- Joint Collaboration with the Mauritius Institute of Health
- Students are assigned an individual mentor (with more than 1 year of experience in the field) during their placement.
Montagne Blanche Campus:
- Our Diploma: 60% in placement in 4* and 5* Hotels – 40% on campus
- “Swiss touch in Hospitality is world famous” – we offer the only Swiss Diploma in Mauritius
- 5 Star Hotel Simulation Setup on Campus for Practical Training – with F&B, Front Desk and Room Service.
- A Fully Equipped Kitchen according to HACCP standards.
- Student Exchange possibilities with HTMi Switzerland and HTMi Singapore
- Teaching from HTMi staff through Video-conferencing on campus
- After Diploma, work in Mauritius and study at HTMi Switzerland and Singapore
- Wrap up with a Maritime seminar – get ready for Cruise ships!
- Cloud Lab with the latest IT Technology
- MOU with Microsoft Indian Ocean Island Ltd for Microsoft programs and certifications
- MOU with Oracle
We are constantly looking for strategic and innovative collaborations built around:
1. Long term and sustainable benefits
2. Top Notch Quality Service
3. Success hinged on mutual collaboration
4. Growth orientation and focused attention
5. Deep industry knowledge and relationships/ Industry Immersion
6. Sponsorship/ Scholarship